- Circulation Service: Regular circulation activities are automated with the e-Lib Library Integrated Management Software.
|Sl No||Borrower’ Type||No of Books||Duration|
|1||Students General||02 +2||15 days|
|2||Students SC/ST||03 + 2||15days|
|3||Guest Faculty||5||1 semester|
|4||Supporting staff||2||1 month|
- OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue) Service: OPAC facility is provided in the library to search availability of required books supported by e-lib Library Integrated Management Software.
- Web OPAC – Web OPAC can be accessed remotely during 24/7 of 365 days to though Library website (http://libraryucst.in/Quicksearch.aspx ) to check the availability of books.
- Reference Services: A small collection of books is marked as “Reference”. They include the Encyclopedia, Dictionaries, Atlases and some of the reference text books in the disciplines and are to be used only in the library. Some of the reference works are available in CDs & DVDs. Reference section is established with all the required facilities.
- Referral Service: Directing the users towards the availability of Information in other institution or resources.
- New arrivals: To inculcate reading habits among students User Education Programs are conducted and NEW ARRIVALS of books and Journals are prominently displayed in the library.
- “IAS corner”: A Separate Competitive books corner is established to prepare students to concur with the present competitive world with access to back volumes of journals and books and project reports, question paper booklets, and thesis etc.
- “Language Corner”: To inculcate literature reading among students language corner is established in Reference Section with newly procured language books and novels.
- Browsing centre facility: Internet facilities to different user groups. E- Learning centre is established with internet connections and printer facilities. CDs / DVDs of Text books and journals are classified and kept for user’s reference in the centre.
- E-resources: Access to digital resources – e-journals and e-books through the N-LIST program supported by INFLIBNET.
- Inter Library Loan Service: Helping the students / facility of the sister institution (Tumkur University) in the campus by extending library facilities
- News Paper clipping service: Clippings relating to placement and higher education are displayed on the notice board periodically. Clippings on current issues inventions, Research on various subjects are filled separately.
- Library Blog (https://ucstumkur.wordpress.com/): Library is extending its services to users through its blog by providing useful information.
- Maintaining Question Bank of all years.
- Career / Employment information services.