The university grant commission has made it absolutely clear that all the universities and affiliated colleges should establish SC/ST cell in order to look it to the problems of students and address their problems.it is apparent that student who belong to the lower strata of the society have been deprived of education and other privileges for centuries .The main focus of the cell is to bring these students into the main stream and thus make them vibrant,confident and employable.
The university college science is one of the premier institutions imparting equality education since its inception.it is the constituent college of Tumkur University.
To provide an higher academic ambience to facilitate the students to acquire necessary skills and competence to face the challenges of tomorrow.
To address the problem of students who belong to the lower strata of the society and facilitate them to become better, useful and responsible citizens of tomorrow and instill confidence and equip them to meet the global standards.
- To look into the specific problems and grievances of students
- To address the problems and provide them with in opportunities to voice their views and opinions
- To ensure that the reservation policy is well protected and adhere to recruitment and admission process
- To instill a sense of confidence and responsibility and help to acquire employable skills to meet the challenges of tomorrow
- To ensure that all the privileges and opportunities are made available to students
- To impart equality education and continually and relentlessly strive to ensure that the students are not insulted, humiliated by the so called upper cost students.
- To conduct special recruitment drive for these students and help them to find suitable jobs in the job market
- The main focus is to reach the unreached and arrange special classes /tutorial classes and remedial classes for these students to facilitate them to prepare, perform and excel better in the examinations.
- To effectively implement the UGC,MHRD and government orders and institutions and ensure that are effectively implemented at all levels in the time spirit
Advisory committee procedure
The cell has constituted an ‘advisory committee for the effective implementation of policies and programmers of the reservation policy for SC/ST students in the college/university .according to the 1998 UGC guidelines for the establishment special cell for SC/ST, for the universities, deemed to be universities and affiliated colleges .the very object of the cell is to monitor the admission process and recruitment process and ensure that due representation is given to these categories and reservation .
Activities of SC/ST cell
The special cell acts as a catalyst between the college and the scheduled caste/tribe students and faculty .it ensures that the policies and programmers launched by the government of India, UGC,MHRD and other agencies.
The major task of the cell is to create awareness, educate them about the facilities, privileges scholarships and other opportunities open for them through circular notices and media, the cell may also conduct classes for students to prepare them appear to competitive exams-remedial classes, AS/KAS coaching classes for NET/SLET examinations ,BSRB and IBPS examinations.
The cell may also constitute a ‘Grievance redressal’ to cell to look into the specific problems of students and explore the avenues to address the problems and grievances of students. The cell meets periodically and thoroughly examines. The issues and present them before the authorities concerned to address those problems/grievances.
Chairman/ Coordinator/ Member
Smt.Shalini B R
Dr. Palakshamurthy B.S
Sri. Manjunath D
Prema B (IIICBBT)